MEET FOOD SAFETY EXPERT: Mary Angela Miller, MS, RDN, LD, FADA
Mary Angela, is an award winning food service professional with over 25 years of industry experience. She’s worked at top academic medical centers such as Cleveland Clinic and the Ohio State University where she’s overseen preparation and service of over 3000 nutritious meals each day… all safely.
Because she is a great resource for translating the science of nutrition and food safety into practical, useful information, she’s been quoted as an expert in hundreds of media interviews on any and all nutrition related topics. Food safety is her passion. She’s taken the skills she’s acquired as a certified food safety expert, tested by passing countless detailed regulatory inspections and put into practice by serving millions of meals without a food related incident and applied them in creating KeepSafe Food, for your personal food safety.
SERVICE, AWARDS AND HONORS
Silver Plate for Healthcare Operator of the Year from the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA)
- President of the National Society for Heathcare Foodservice Management
- President of the Ohio Dietetic Association
- ADA Judy Ford Stokes Award for Foodservice Excellence
- Charter Judge for Food and Beverage Innovation National Competition
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation ServSafe Certified in Food Safety
- Association for Healthcare Foodservice
- Gold & Silver Plate Society
- National Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Ohio & Columbus Dietetic Associations
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Practice Group
- Management in Food & Nutrition Service Practice Group
WHAT DO ALL THE INITIALS MEAN?
BS: Bachelor of Science Youngstown State University
- MS: Master of Science Case Western Reserve University
- RDN: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and member of the National Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- LD: Licensed Dietitian in the State of Ohio
- FADA: Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics